The course is organized as following:
1. Introduction: In this chapter we cover high-level concepts pivotal to your understanding of the value and role of the PMP® designation in the big picture. At the end of this chapter you are provided with a medium size exam.
2. Foundation: In the this key chapter we will go over key definitions, central concepts key to understanding this course, important terms, etc. We can’t state enough how important this chapter is and we advise you not to skip through it. No matter how new or seasoned you are to the project management profession you need to have a firm grasp on the topics covered in this chapter to fully comprehend the remainder of this course.
3. Project Management Knowledge Areas: This course is mainly modeled around 47 project management processes that make the bulk of the Guide to Project Management Body of Knowledge –PMBOK® Guide –Sixth Edition. Each one of these processes belongs to one of the ten project management knowledge areas (covered in chapter 3) and a project management process group (covered in chapter 4).
4. Project Management Process Groups: The project management process groups have the same titles as the exam domain items 1 to 5 covered in table 1-1. The 47 processes listed in the project management knowledge areas are covered in great details at process group level first and then at process level.
5. Professional responsibility and ethics:: This chapter covers PMI®’s Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct /Corporate Social Responsibility. Questions on this topic are scattered in the project management process group domains of the PMP® exam (as opposed to purely Ethics questions).
6. Patterns, Recaps, and Summary: This chapter contains information that enables you to recognize patterns in the Project Management Process Framework. This chapter also includes a mind map of all the 47 process groups partitioned by Process Group.
7. Final Exam: Once you pass the final exam you’ll be issued a 35 hours PMP® Preparation Certificate which would satisfy your project management formal education requirement for the PMP® registration. Results from your exam from the exam at the end of the introduction and this exam are compared to give you a sense of your progress by project management process group.